Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And so it begins.....



Tonight we received some great news.  Jake has been accepted into the clinical trial and will be heading to Minnesota for surgery on Tuesday, 2/15.  For those not familiar with it, check it out here.  Our 20 hour trek begins Sunday morning and we hope to arrive at the University of Minnesota on Monday afternoon.  From there Jake will see Dr. Pluhar and be prepped for his surgery the next day.  I set up this blog to keep our friends and family informed because I know there a lot of people worried about Jake and this will be the easiest way to keep everyone informed.  I got the idea from another dog who is currently going through the clinical trial as well.  His blog was very informational and helped provided us with hope for Jake.  Let's all keep Riley the Beagle in our prayers as well.  He is doing well and is 3 months out from his surgery.

5 comments:

  1. You know how much we love Jake. I told the kids he was sick and they were so upset. He was here for so long we all grew so attached to him. I was so happy the day you 2 met. I knew he was going to his FREVER HOME. Your blog pic is still my screan saver from the day you sent it to us. He was with us so long that he got to know many extended family members and friends. So you have all of these people praying for him. All who meet Jake love him, unless you happen to be a cat or another dog on his turf. LOL I can not say it enough, I would never want to see Jake with anyone other than you Frank. Many others would have given up on him. But that is not what we do. We are fighters and we will see it through. It is so obvious how much you love him. He deserves many years to come with his new Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Team Jake as he begins his journey! I am hoping for the best and that he comes home stronger than ever! -Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Jake came into your lives for a reason - although the past few weeks have been hell, you are going to get him the help he never would have been able to get! Love you guys & Jake & praying that all goes well on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed your link from Rilley's blog. I am Rilley's mom. I wish you all the best and am sending positive vibes to you. You will be absolutely amazed at how well Jake will do ... I know I was. I you have any questions or want to email feel free. Dr. Pluhar and her team are the absolute best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake we are pulling for you buddy! We love you and your parents!!!! You will be in our prayers! Team Jake!!!!

    ReplyDelete